- The ads is expired. You can't contact the publisher.
- Irattayal BPL Koottupatha
- Palakkad (Kerala)
After the death of King Edward five his son,King Edward eight became the king,but abdicated before the coronation.No coins were minted using his portrait.His younger brother the Duke of York was crowned as King George seven in May 1937 and the first coin of India with his effigy was minted in 1938.After the outbreak of World war 2 in 1939,the price of silver started going up, in practice the silver coins became valuable then the value written on them.This led to reducing the use of silver coins.The 1940 1/4 -Rupee,1/2 Rupee and one Rupee coins were reduced from 0.917 silver to 0.500 silver(there were a limited numbet of 1939 Rupees minted in 0.500 silver)
Now I have Quarter Anna It's a rare antique piece..
More informationSend Message
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"